With the rise of the internet’s popularity, competition for potential customers is fiercer than ever before. Every business is fighting for attention, and it is in your best interest to stay on top of this.
Now, it is no longer enough to write the best content and be done with it. When users are searching for something on Google, your website needs to be on top of these results.
But how do you know what customers are searching for? Well, this is where SEO tools come into play.
A good SEO programme can help you optimize your keywords and dial your content so it ranks higher up on Google. And one of these tools is Ubersuggest.
In this Ubersuggest review, we will go over all the features this platform has to offer. We will teach you how to use Ubersuggest to make the most out of it. This should help you boost traffic, ultimately increasing profit.
So without further delay, let’s get started.
What is Ubersuggest?
Developed by Neil Patel, Ubersugest is a comprehensive SEO software package.
It includes keyword and marketing tools that can be used for content optimization. It can give you various keyword and content suggestions that help any business rank higher in search engines, like Google.
The website has many different tabs with tools that can help you. The main page is a Dashboard, where you can get progress updates and insights about any website URLs you want to track.
Below that, there is the keyword and content tool. These are designed to assist you in generating new ideas.
Further down there’s a Traffic analyzer. This tool gives you an overview of the traffic any website URL or page gets. It also shows additional data, like what keywords they use to rank up.
Finally, Ubersuggest is equipped with an SEO analyzer. Here, you can get site audits and analyze backlinks to a webpage you are interested in.
Before we go into any more detail, let’s look at some of the downsides and benefits of choosing this particular SEO tool.
- Has a free option for SEO: you can use Ubbersuggest for free, or get a 1-week trial for the paid service.
- Chrome extension: this free software is easily accessible and gives you many SEO tools.
- Affordable price compared to others: you can pay for a reasonable monthly subscription or buy the software for a one-time fee.
- Social media results: you can get data on how much traffic a page gets from Facebook and Pinterest.
- Excellent video tutorial: Ubersuggest has a detailed video tutorial that does over all the features on offer.
- Keyword and competition analysis: there is complete information on what different websites use and what keywords help them rank up on Google.
- Export files and reports: after generating the data on a keyword or website you are interested in, you can download that as an Excell or CSV file and work on it later.
- Limited basic plan: with their basic plans, you can only keep track of a few different websites.
- Creating two reports simultaneously takes time: this is not ideal for a larger business or a fast-paced environment.
- Limited social media data: you can only get information about incoming traffic from Facebook and Pinterest.
- Limited search volume trends: Ubersuggest only shows you information on how a keyword’s search volume trended over the last 12 months.
- There is no Ubersuggest affiliate program available
Ubersuggest Plans & Pricing
The good thing is, Ubersuggest has a free Chrome extension. This will give you access to most of the features that users want. You can do a lot of keyword analysis and details.
The extension also generates graphs that can visualize all sorts of data you need, such as monthly search volumes.
However, you can sign up for a Paid plan as well if you want access to even more features and benefits. There are three different Ubersuggest pricing plans:
- Individual ($12/month) – ideal for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and those who manage 1-3 websites.
- Business ($20/month) – suitable for small to medium-sized businesses that manage 4-7 websites
- Enterprise/Agency ($40/month) – great for larger businesses and agencies who manage 8+ websites
If you know that you will use these tools long-term, you are in luck!
Ubersuggest lets you pay a one-time fee, which gives users lifetime support and access to the services. Here are the prices for the lifetime fees:
- Individual – $120
- Business – $200
- Enterprise/Agency – $400
For those planning on using the paid version for more than 10 months, it becomes more cost-effective to get the lifetime plan.
Finally, you can get a 7-day trial for any of the plans. This is great for those who want to test out the tools provided by Ubersuggest.
After a week, you can decide if this SEO platform is a good choice for you and commit to one of the available plans.
Using Ubersuggest for Content Optimization
Under the Keywords Idea section, you can find a Content Ideas tab. As the name suggests, this tool lets you generate new ideas on what to write about.
In this tab, you can type in a keyword you are targeting. Then, Ubersuggest gathers and displays the most popular pages with content featuring this keyword.
Along with the page URLs, you also get the number of backlinks and estimated visits that that particular page gets.
Additionally, the SEO tool tells you how much traffic these pages get from social media sites, like Facebook and Pinterest.
Next to the number of estimated visits for each page, you can find a “keywords” button. Click it and you will get a list of the top-rated keywords that are used to rank up that website.
This list also includes all data you can find with the keyword analysis tool. You can also filter out to include or exclude a particular keyword, or set a minimum threshold for social media shares.
All in all, these tools give you deep insight into the top-ranking content pieces for your target keywords.
This can help you tremendously in creating an effective content strategy, as it will tell you what your customers want to read about – and that will ultimately get you the much-needed traffic.
Ubersuggest has a strong traffic analyzer tool. It shows you how much traffic your competitors are getting and what keywords they have to help them rank higher.
Simply enter the URL of any website you are interested in and press Search. Ubersuggest will then create a graph with all the information you will need.
It shows you the organic keywords and traffic over time, as well as the number of backlinks. Additionally, the software gives that website a domain score, which can be useful in comparing websites. However, this score only applies to Ubersuggest, so you can only use it to compare different pages within this software.
If you scroll further down, you can get even more data on that URL. Ubersuggest lists all countries that the website is targeting alongside social media channels that bring in the traffic. Furthermore, it ranks the most popular pages, the estimated number of visits, as well as the number of backlinks that page has.
You can find the Ubersuggest backlinks tool under the “SEO Analyzer” feature. There are two parts of this tool: Overview and Opportunities. In the search bar, simply type in the domain name of any website.
The site will then show you the backlink data for that page. You can see how many backlinks that page has, and how many of those are NoFollows.
Ubersuggest also gives you info on the domain authority and referring domains for your chosen website.
You can then filter out the backlink URLs by follows and no-follows. Alternatively, there is an advanced filter option. Here you can have more granular control over the search results.
For example, you can filter for a specific domain or ones that include certain keywords.
With the backlink opportunity, you can quickly identify ways to backlink to your own website. Simply put your own page or website URL, and the URL of a different domain. Then you can reach out to them and ask for a backlink.
All of these Competitor Analyzer tools are decently suitable for any entrepreneur or small business. However, be aware that the same tools can be used on you – by other sites.
The Ubersuggest keyword tool lets you type in any keyword you are interested in the search bar. The site will also give you a detailed overview of keywords you are interested in.
The software shows you the monthly search volume, so you can see how much that word has been searched for in the past month. Ubersugggest also displays the Paid Difficulty (PD) and CPC, i.e. the average price paid for the cost per click. This should give businesses a good idea about the financial burden of targeting a specific keyword.
Finally, the overview gives the specific keyword an SEO Difficulty (SD) ranking. This number will tell you how hard it is for that keyword to rank organically. The SD can range anywhere from 0 to 100, with 0 being the easiest and 100 being the hardest for organic ranking.
For more info, there is a “search results” button. Clicking this will show the top 10 pages that have that keyword. This gives you all the same data as the competitor analysis tool.
This is not everything that Ubersuggest can do. After making a search for a keyword, you will be presented with 5 keyword idea tabs. These are designed to give you related keywords to the main keyword you have typed in. These tabs are:
- Suggestions: This is the default tab and will suggest other keywords that are similar or contain your main keyword. Many of the results here can be on slightly different topics, giving you more ideas.
- Related: Here, you can find keywords with specific uses, which usually have fewer competitors.
- Questions: Under this tab, you will find questions related to or including your desired keyword.
- Prepositions: This section adds additional modifiers to your main keyword, which usually ends up being another question.
- Comparisons: Here Ubersuggest lists multiple verses, comparisons or roundup type article titles you could use. This is ideal for those writing online reviews.
Potential Problems with Ubersuggest
One of the biggest limitations Ubersuggest has is limited social media info. Even though it’s a nice feature, it only works for certain channels.
Currently, you can only get data about traffic a page gets from Facebook and Pinterest. So, sites like Twitter, Reddit or Instagram are not available.
Another problem is that Ubersuggest only gives you data on search volume trends from the last 12 months.
While this is plenty of information, it can be limiting for those who want to have a more long-term picture of how keywords have performed.
One of the top features Ubersuggest has is the Google Chrome extension. It is free and available software that gives users many handy SEO tools. Many customers appreciate Ubersuggest’s integration with web analytics tools.
The groups that use Ubersuggest the most include freelancers and small businesses, alongside marketing and advertising specialists. This is due to the affordable price of the software and the benefits you get from it. The platform is not limited to anyone working in marketing and content management.
This will depend on what you need. But, if you are after an easy-to-use software to help you analyze keywords and increase domain traffic, Ubersuggets is a superb choice.