Time management and productivity are essential elements in efficient workflow and optimized profitability of any project or business. Toggl is a software program for tracking time and has lots of options and features. In this Toggl full review, you can find out more about what the software promises, how to use it, the available plans, and other important aspects to evaluate the tool.
What Is Toggl?
Toggl is a software company on a mission to create tools that increase productivity, and there is a special emphasis on building tools that are both simple and elegant. The company had early roots in the 2000s when some of the founders ran a software consultancy business in Estonia. They created a time tracking tool for their own use, and soon this sparked an interest in their clients. Toggl as a business was born, with the tracking software as the first product.
Today Toggl has three main tools available—Toggl Plan, Toggl Track, and Toggl Hire. All three of these innovative products were built to solve problems within the business itself. The company now offers its products to over 5 million users in over 400 countries. It runs completely remotely, making it well-versed with the growing need for simple yet effective team management tools in remote businesses and teams.
How to Use Toggl
Productivity tools are meant to make work easier and not harder. This is why Toggl tools are built to be effective, empowering, and effortless. To use Toggl, you must decide which of the three offers could be most useful to you. Learn about each below:
- Toggl Plan- This tool provides simple project planning and is comparable to software programs such as Trello, Asana, Basecamp, and Monday. It allows you to plan your work, keep your projects on track, and effortlessly manage your team’s workloads. The interface is very intuitive, allowing you to drag and drop items as needed. The entire group can get an overall picture of the workload and all the tasks assigned and upcoming deadlines on a single dashboard in the full-screen mode. The software updates instantly, which facilitates real-time collaboration.
In summary, you can use Toggl plan for project management, team planning, and task management. Planning solutions are available for developers, freelancers, and creative, product, and marketing teams. Many top companies are using Toggl, including Airbnb, Netflix, Stripe, Amazon, The New York Times, and Spotify.
- Toggl Track- This Toggl tool offers an effortless solution for tracking time. It is created to save you time, manage your team, and plan better. Users can easily enter start and stop the embedded timer to make their time entries. The more practice they get, the easier it is to master the keyboard shortcuts.
Many businesses, agencies, and tech companies are making use of the software. Notable ones include Adobe, Amazon, Starbucks, Microsoft, Google, and Deloitte. Toggl Track is a robust package that offers many great features. It is suitable for reporting, project management, revenue tracking, team scheduling and management, and time-tracking.
- Toggl Hire- Toggl Hire allows employers to hire smarter and facilitates skills tests to screen job candidates. It is comparable to tools like HackerRank, DevSkiller, Typeform, and Google Forms. Over 100,000 tests have been conducted over the platform. Some of the big companies using this tool include Swedbank and Fujitsu. Toggl Hire allows hiring managers to find applicants with the right skill sets, screen thousands of candidates in seconds, and improve the applicant’s experience, as well. This tool makes the hiring process faster and fairer.
Pricing and Free Plan
There are different pricing plans available, depending on what tools are needed and the team’s size. Toggl Plan is free for smaller groups of up to five members. There is a 14-day free trial period if you are interested in utilizing the premium features. On the monthly plan, the Standard option costs $9 per user per month, while the Business option has additional business features and costs $13.35 per user per month. If you sign up for the annual plan, there is a 10% savings, so the plans cost $8 and $15 per user per month, respectively.
Toggl Track has four pricing plans. The first one is a free plan for teams of up to five users. In the monthly subscription, the Starter plan for small groups costs $10 per user per month. The Premium plan, which is ideal for teams, costs $20, while the Enterprise plan for large organizations is a customizable solution. In the annual subscription, you can save 10%. The Starter and Premium plans cost $9 and $18 per user per month, respectively. There is a 30-day free trial for all of the paid plans.
Toggl Hire has three pricing structures. With limited access to the test library and the number of seats per account, you can use the free plan. The Quarterly Standard and Quarterly Premium plans have additional features not limited to unlimited seats, unlimited candidates, and improved analysis and reporting. These options cost $99 or $199 per month, respectively. If you opt for the Monthly Standard and Monthly Premium plans, these cost $159 and $259 per month, respectively.
Toggl software can be used across different platforms. Toggl is available as a web and desktop app on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It can be downloaded as a mobile app. Finally, it can be used as a browser extension with Chrome and Firefox.
Features of Toggl Plan include the following:
- Easy sharing
- Color coding
- Zoom levels
- File upload
- Comments and mentions
- Reporting and data export
Toggl Track has many features, including:
- One-click timers
- Background tracking
- Calendar integration
- Auto tracker
- Summary, detailed, and weekly reports
- Saved reports
- Schedule reports to email
- Time rounding
- Project dashboard
- Billable rates
- Project estimates and alerts
- Profits versus labor costs
- Team dashboard
- Email tracking reminders
- Required fields
- Required fields
Features of Toggl Hire include the following:
- Customizable skills tests
- Candidate feedback
- Chrome extension for LinkedIn and Github
- Email templates
- Candidate sources analysis
- Funnel analysis
- Candidate attachments
- CSV and PDF exports
- API access
- ATS integrations
- Dedicated account manager
The Toggl tools can be easily integrated with apps you may be already using, such as Trello, Github, Chrome extension, Google Calendar, LinkedIn, and Slack. Over 100 apps can be integrated with the Toggl Track.
After this Toggl review, you should have a better idea of what tools the company offers for your teams, projects, and business. All the tools allow you to start with a free account to trial the product. Tracking the time spent on various activities and making use of productivity tools can make a difference in how you run your operations, how well the team collaborates, and in your ability to track key metrics you need in the decision-making process.